Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My Turn

When I started this blog I kind of thought it would be more about me and being a mom. Kind of a venting place for the stress of having my life turned completely upside down by a little six pound rascal. Somehow it turned into Sophie's blog instead. Maybe because she's cuter. In any case, I'd like a turn to update you all on me. So here's what's changed with me over the last 7.5 months:
- I now change my shirt about three times a day- gotta love pea scented spit up.
- I can do almost anything with one hand, including wash my hands (one at a time).
- I have awesome biceps (I don't even lift for those- just work out the triceps! Thanks, baby girl!)
- I can turn any song into a lullaby. Tonight, in fact, I softly sang, "Baby, don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more." Complete with the Night at the Roxbury head bop. You know you're doing it too right now.
- I have had several infections, spent close to three months somewhat depressed, and now I endure biting on a regular basis, but I am still nursing and going strong (and loving it).
-Most notably, I have lost every pound of my pregnancy weight (thanks to Weight Watchers and Sophie napping so I can work out almost every day) and I am now working on the stuff I wasn't happy with before I got pregnant. Note the timeline of fat:


Eight (yes, only eight) months pregnant at Chanukah last year. You don't notice the fat face, arms, butt, etc., when there is a huge belly diverting the attention away from the rest of the body.
At my six-week post-partem doctor's appointment. I cried when I saw this picture for the first time.
And last week on vacation. I now finally fit into all of my old clothes! A couple of weeks ago I put on a skirt I had bought post baby, zipped it up, and it fell off! I then put on an old skirt out of curiosity which fit perfectly. It was a size *6*. A SIX!!! Yahooooooo! I'm back, baby!
So that's me, in a nutshell. I'm sure I have left out a million things that I wanted to include in this post, but now that I have acquired "mommy brain" that is to be expected.

No comments: