Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 13, 2010

S.A.D.

My favorite month is June. The entire summer stretches out before me in all of its warm carefree splendor. July is also nice. By then we are in full summer mode- lounging by the pool, taking trips, and enjoying a general state of relaxation. For me, seasonal affective disorder begins in August. I can already feel summer slipping away. By the end of the month school has begun. We are forced to return to a rigid structure and less opportunity for relaxation. Then, before we know it, September is here. The holidays are upon us and I move indoors to become a full-time chef. Even though the days are still warm, the nights are cool and the pool becomes too chilly for swimming. The leaves somehow know they should start falling. It is the beginning of the long wait for summer to return. Though this is cute:




I much prefer this:




2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am your mood opposite. I always say that i have backwards S.A.D. During the summer I shut myself off from the world, afraid desperately of the bright sun and the heat. I avoid beaches at all cost.

We just switched our clocks back already, and I already see a change in my mood. Halleluyah -- it gets cooler an darker a whole hour earlier!!

Days of hot drinks and sweaters are approaching! (Yes, I know I live in the Middle East. I know it's not the wisest choice for someone who loves fall.)

B said...

I have never been more weather-related depressed than I was during the winter I spent in Israel. Freezing rain every day did a number on me. I will be very jealous of you guys come Yom Kippur- wish we could change our clocks back in time to have a shorter fast!