Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

We have babies!

Baby birds, that is. A couple of weeks ago I noticed a robin flying into one of the hanging baskets on my porch with twigs and things. A couple of days later I noticed she had built a nest. A few days after that, I noticed that robin sitting on that nest almost constantly. Then today as I was in the living room, I heard some high pitched peeping and saw the robin flying "home" with a worm. Later this evening while Sophie and I were playing outside I grabbed a step stool and took some pictures. They aren't the best quality, as I was standing on my tiptoes on the step stool and just sticking the camera into the hanging basket, without knowing exactly what I would capture. Here they are:

The mama bird, who flew into the yard as soon as I got close to the nest:


The nest:
Sophie walking (because she is so cute and I can't post without at least mentioning her):
Hungry baby birdies!
They are so little- their eyes aren't even open yet!

No comments: