Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bananas, please!

As parents it is easy to focus on our weaknesses and the areas where we think we can improve. It's nice every once in a while to have a moment where I think I am actually doing a good job! I just had that moment a few minutes ago. Sophie pointed to the kitchen counter. I asked, "would you like a banana?" She said, "yes please." I handed her one. She said, "thank you." I thought, woohoo, I am doing something right here! I realized that I'm also doing something right when out of everything in the kitchen she chooses fruit as her snack. And when someone hands her a lollipop and she looks at them like they're crazy as if to say, "what am I supposed to do with this?" I know that won't last forever and one day some kid with bad eating habits (raised by parents with bad eating habits) will corrupt my child's idea of food that tastes good. But for now I am proud of her food choices and the polite way in which she asks for them!

No comments: