Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

PS

PS: It was my birthday on Saturday. I'm 27, which actually sounds young to me. Most of my friends are older than me, which keeps me feeling young (and hey, 30 is still 3 years away). Plus, I had pretty much accomplished all of my major goals in life by the time I was 25, so the rest is just icing on the cake.

Also, to add to the back to reality feeling:
- realize Monday morning that Sophie's coat must have been left at my parents', so make plans to go pick it up the next day
- realize this means I can go back to Govinda Gallery in Georgetown with my dad to pick up HIS Beatles print (see previous post entitled A Day in the Life) if I can fathom driving 45 min to Silver Spring to drop off Sophie, drive another 45 min to Georgetown to meet my dad, drive in rush hour traffic back to Silver Spring to pick up Sophie, and then drive back home to Baltimore
- decide to go for it since my mom has offered to make me a birthday cake and buy me a gallon of milk, which will allow me to hold off on grocery shopping another day (we're out of toilet paper too, but we do have tissues)
- drive Sophie to music class (which has been moved to a new location almost 30 min away), run one errand, drive to SS, give Sophie lunch and ask my mom to put her down for a nap, decide to take the metro from SS to Georgetown (smart move), have my dad pick me up, have a great time at the gallery and even get a free autographed book from the owner because he likes pregnant women, drive back to SS with my dad for dinner and birthday cake, and then head home
- arrive home around 8pm exhausted and realize that for the second time this month the cleaning lady has been locked out and wasn't able to clean today

I'm hoping today will be the start of getting things back under control here. I left a miserable Sophie alone at school this morning, and then bawled like a baby myself in my car for a long time. I went to the grocery store, so we now have food and toilet paper again. Shimmy is back from NY and working from home today, which is always nice. The cleaning lady called and is coming tomorrow. And she now has more specific instructions on what to do should she ever get locked out again. I went to pick up Sophie an hour early in case she never warmed up, but she just gave me a hug and then went back to painting and playing with friends. I sat in the corner and watched her for an hour. Friday she is staying all day by herself even if there is a tearful good-bye! I probably cried longer than she did this morning.

I still have a long list of things to do, but I think, I think I just might be able to tackle it. And Barbara, I will call you back. I promise. I love you!

No comments: