Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

1 Month Milestones!

I should really change the title of this blog to infrequent, random thoughts. Because that's all I have time for! In another month or so I'm hoping Lilah will be on more of a schedule, or at least sleeping longer stretches at night. I really have no me time. And by me time I mean time to do the laundry and take a shower.

Okay, it has taken me almost 48 hours just to finish this post. RIDICULOUS! I'm going to get right to the point!

Lilah had her 1 month check up on Wednesday. She is now 21.5 in long (70%- and up 1/2 in from birth) and 9 lb 8 oz (70% and up 2 lb from birth). She is super cute. Starting to stay awake a little more and paying attention to her surroundings. I think I got a real smile out of her the other day too!

Sophie has a lot of little quirks. She is very into turquoise (she just calls it blue, though). She has to be wearing this color- preferably from head to toe, including crocs- every day. She is also pretty OCD about things. She labels things as "Mommy's" and "Daddy's" and freaks out if the wrong person uses the wrong thing. She's a great big sister. She loves talking to Lilah and holding her.

And me? I have some 1 month milestones too. The weight is coming off! More importantly, I think I have a pretty good handle on the 2 kids thing. Breakdowns have been minimal. We leave the house every day. We are able to stick to Sophie's regular schedule. These are no small accomplishments.

I'm way behind on picture sharing, but here are some from last Friday:

Playing with the new(ish) camera- tree in the backyard:


Sophie


Little fingers


Lilah


big sis kissing little sis (notice Sophie's monochromatic look)

1 comment:

clueless but hopeful mama said...

Oh the little fingers! The little face against the green grass! The big sister kisses!

I needed all those pics! They are like medicine for my little anxious, about-to-give-birth heart.