Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 12, 2010

Blizzard 2010

Snowcalypse. Snowmageddon. Snowtorious B.I.G. Any way you put it, we just got a boat load of snow. We were hit with 26 inches on Friday/Saturday, and then ANOTHER 20 inches on Tuesday/Wednesday. Yea, too much damn snow. This meant no school for a week (boo), no work in DC for Shimmy for a week (yay), no work in our new house for a week (BOO- this has major suck factor for moving in). Here's how we spent our time:

Cabin Fever- LITERALLY. From Tuesday evening through early Friday morning I was weak, achy, and had the chills. I could not get warm (despite wearing layers upon layers) unless I was either sitting right next to the fireplace or in bed with a heating pad. For a while I mistakenly attributed this to one prolonged anxiety attack, since the snow was indeed stressing me out. It wasn't until I woke up at 3am Friday morning in a pool of sweat, and then woke up a few hours later feeling 500% better that I realized that I must have actually been running a fever. Weird timing.

Crafts- I had fun coloring with Sophie and making snowmen out of cotton balls and buttons. But these crafts didn't take nearly as long as I had hoped they would! They were a small help in the cure of stir craziness.

"Baking"- I have not had a working oven in close to 2 months (that is another long, boring, and irritating story), but we did make hamantashen dough and spinach and artichoke pinwheels to freeze and bake later.

Mishloach Manot- I bought all of the items and started assembling the bags. I also designed the cards that go with them.

Treadmilling- I got a lot of good work outs in. Since Sophie was home, I left the tv on her channel and listened to my ipod. The music really pumped me up and I found myself running for longer spurts (I combination walk/run) and I also increased my overall mileage. That, combined with cutting back my weight watchers points by a couple resulted in losing a couple more pounds. So YAY for that!

Packing- I got a lot of packing done! I've packed almost everything besides for last minute stuff. Moving Day is next Sunday- woohoo!

Here are some pics of the storm(s) and aftermath:

Coming down fast and furious:
This used to be an entire swingset!
Holy Icicles, Batman
Tunneling our way out of 40+ inches:
Just the tippy top of the shrubs are left:

I have never been more ready for Spring in my entire life.

3 comments:

Rina Pritikin said...

that's CRAZY! Today I sweated through my 3/4 length t-shirt. It was 77. is this why people pay a million dollars to live in a shack in LA? and HAPPY BIRTHDAY two weeks and one day late. I will call.

clueless but hopeful mama said...

I'm sorry for the cabin fever! I wish we all could have a respite in Arizona (minus the airplane travel) around this time.

But it's never like this normally, right? RIGHT?!?!? :-)

B said...

Rina- please do call! I miss you!

Clueless- No, it is NEVER like this!!! We usually get a few snow storms that leave us with a few inches. This was just absurd.