Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Day in the Life

Yesterday was an awesome day. The best one I've had in a very long time. It didn't even matter that I spent it hobbling around in pain with my "broken" tailbone. Sophie woke me around 9 am, which in itself was awesome. It is always nice to wake up and realize I've gotten more sleep than I thought I would. We got ready as fast as we could and drove down to Silver Spring. She spent the day with Nana happily playing, coloring, and blowing bubbles, while I went here with my dad and Uncle Arthur, who is visiting this week from Charleston. A splendid time was guaranteed for all. We spent two hours deeply engrossed in these photographs. I began to hate the photographs of people who were there, observing the Beatles play, wishing I could have been sitting in one of those dingy chairs in studio 2 at Abbey Road on that night. I purchased a print after much deliberating. I am the first of only 40 people in the world that will ever own this print. It will become known as a very rare collector's item. Yes, it was expensive. I'm adding it as a rider on my home insurance. I will smile every time I look at it. I will picture myself in a boat on a river. I will still love that piece of art and history when I'm 64- and forever after.

After we left the gallery, we drove over to Shimmy's office. My dad and uncle got the grand tour of his mini empire and I got to chit chat with the work people I only get to see a few times a year. Then we all headed back to my parents' house for a really nice family dinner. Uncle Arthur (or "uckle" as Sophie calls him) took some gorgeous family photos:







PS: Can you find all of the Beatles references in this post? Bonus points if you can tell me exactly why they are relevant to the day's events.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a great day - totally deserved. As much as I love you, I however cannot tell you the beatles references....I am not such a fan. But nevertheless I do think it is cool about the pic you got - sounds like a huge collectors item! Miss you xoxoxo Happy Chanukah!