Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Is it too late?

Is it too late to make New Years Eve plans? I had decided that we didn't need to go out this year. And it's hard to find a babysitter, since we don't generally have non-family babysit unless Sophie is already in bed. Obviously all of my family will be out partying. Obviously. And even if we could find a babysitter, I just couldn't think of anything to do. I can't drink, which makes everything a lot less fun. I didn't want to do what we did last year. Which was the same thing we had done two years ago. So I just kind of let it go. But now I'm feeling slightly depressed about not having New Years Eve plans. Shimmy and I have made plans every year we have been married, except when NYE fell out on a Friday night. It's really not a big deal that we'll be home. We have several upcoming "dates." Our anniversary is next week, followed by the annual partner dinner the following weekend. And then we will be in Vegas the last weekend of January. But I can't help feeling down about tonight. So if anyone can think of something we can do, please let me know. Suggestions must accompany the offer to babysit, of course. I have a feeling I'll be hanging out with Carson Daly until the ball drops. That is, if I can stay up that late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We didn't do anything either - we went out to a quiet dinner and then came home and went to sleep! I tried to stay up until 12...but when you get up everyday at 6am, it is hard to all the sudden change your schedule...
Anyway - happy 2009! B''H A year with amazing things is store! xoxo