Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Alternative Lifestyle

Today I wanted to sleep in. Instead I woke up with a sudden muscle spasm in my leg courtesy of the fetus.

Today I wanted 10 minutes alone so I could use the bathroom. Instead I chatted with my daughter while she sat on my lap, facing me on the toilet.

Today I wanted a nap. Instead I polished silver.

Today I wanted a stiff drink, or even just wine. Instead I had a glass of water.

Tonight I would like some sushi for dinner. Instead I will probably eat the remains of a bunch of random things Sophie will eat a few bites of and then change her mind about. And even if she does eat everything (by some miracle) and I can eat a plate of food made just for me, it can't be sushi. It will probably be cereal. Bah.

No comments: