Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 19, 2009

Sophie of Late

Lately, Sophie has really matured. She is less than three months away from her third birthday and I really see a big difference between two and three. She is more of my clone every day. (In personality. We all know I'm not tall and blond.) Sometimes this makes it difficult for us to coexist. We are both irritatingly stubborn and known to have erratic emotional outbursts. But because I know she is this way in the same way I am, I have a kind of respect for her. Underneath the two-year old irrationality and noncompliance is something deeper. I see a person who is strong-willed, determined, and passionate. And that's a great kind of person to be. I see so much of myself in her that I often pause in the middle of our conversations and try to relate to her in the way I wanted to be related to when I was young. Which is easy, because I know exactly where she's coming from. And I'm confident that I know this because of how she responds. I get her, that difficult child. I hope she always feels understood and respected- at least by me.


Pictures of Sophie of Late:

No comments: