Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Curse of the Vaporizers

I am not a superstitious person. I have always been a firm believer that bad things only come from superstitious activity if you believe they do. However, one thing has been very hard to deny for the past few years. And that, my friends, is the curse of the vaporizers. Like many caring parents, I feel badly for my kids when they are sick with colds and do everything I can to make them feel more comfortable. One thing being setting up a vaporizer in their rooms, delivering soothing puffs of eucalyptus-infused mist. However, I have noticed something very strange. As long as the vaporizers, in all of their sediment-filled tubs and ugly towels underneath glory, are there, the kids are healthy. As soon as I think we’re in the clear (that is to say, there has been nary a sniffle for a good two months) and put away the vaporizers, almost the next day, someone is sick again. We are not just talking about Sick Season (what i call October-March). It is so bizarre. I think I have finally accepted the curse of the vaporizers. Everyone has been healthy for some time now, and though they are so very unsightly, I am leaving those ugly things right where they are. Knock on wood. Poo poo poo.

No comments: