Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

If it weren't for the panic attacks, I could be a party planner!

I enjoy entertaining. I really, really do. And also, it really stresses me out. I enjoy planning parties, sometimes themed ones. I enjoy sending out invitations, planning the menu, decorating, searching for party favors. I enjoy preparing the food, trying out new recipes, designing the presentation of the food. The hours before the party I am a wreck. I am in a constant dialogue with myself that goes something like this:
"Oh crap, crap, crap."
"Everything is going to be fine. You ROCK at this."
"I am literally shaking."
"You have planned everything to perfection and now it's just in its final stages."
"I want to throw up."
"This is going to be FUN."
"I've changed my mind. I want to spend the night in bed watching TV instead."
"Pull yourself together- it's all going to be FINE."
And it IS. It's better than fine, it's amazing. I have fun, the guests have fun. I spend the next day looking at pictures over and over again, smiling, because everything was so great!

Most Recent Party: Shimmy's 30th Birthday Booze Cruise

Location:
An electric boat that toured the harbor for 2 hours

Menu:
Mexican pinwheels
Cheese ball and crackers
Babaganoush and veggies
Caprese salads in tomato bowls
Mini fruit tarts
Birthday cake made to look like a life preserver

Party favor:
Koozies that said "Shimmy's 30th Birthday Booze Cruise"






Next up: Purim Party on Sunday
We're expecting a large crowd of great friends. The menu is planned. The party favors are assembled. It's going to be awesome! Except for the panic attack that will ensue shortly beforehand.

4 comments:

clueless but hopeful mama said...

You COULD be a party planner! WOW.

I never get past the panic attack phase.

momoftwo said...

it was awesome! i wish i could help with the panic attacks but you ALWAYS throw an AWESOME party, whatever the occasion!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I know some of those people! Did you make all the food for the party? It all sounds very wonderful. Good luck with Purim!

B said...

Yes, I made everything myself except for the babaganoush. I'm a foodie- I love making party food! I'll post pics of Purim next week!