Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 5, 2011

UNION!


I am ready to organize. Who's in?

I am waiting for my kids to burst in the door any minute. It is Saturday night. It is past their bedtime. They are supposed to be at my parents' house until tomorrow afternoon. Apparently my four-year-old can manipulate a couple of 54-year-olds into making the 45-minute trip to take her home early. On one hand, I get it. She's a little kid and at that age (really, at any age) homesickness is real and hard to work through. One the other hand, I am angry. LIVID, actually. She has been spending a few weekends a year at my parents' house for entire life. Though I am sure there were some tears at some point during previous visits, she was never driven back early.

The real cause for my anger is that I feel cheated out of what was supposed to be a break. Breaks that come few and far between for me. Being a stay-at-home-mom is a full time job for me. I do EVERYTHING from the minute the kids wake up until they go to bed at night, and I hope and pray they stay asleep all night so I can at least clock out until the next morning. I don't have the weekends to look forward too, in fact, they are worse than the weekdays in many ways. 99% of the time I do this all alone, with no other parent present due to a demanding job of his own. I need a freaking break once in a while. Not to mention the conditions under which I work. I often eat scraps for meals. I am not afforded proper bathroom breaks. I get no sick leave at all whatsoever. And I'm tired of it. Let's organize! Union!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:( Sorry to hear that your weekend was cut short. Are you planning on giving Sophie a talking to?

Sarah said...

I am really really sorry. I think you should just LEAVE before they get back!