Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day 2011

We had a lovely Father's Day in between ballet class, camp orientation, and a birthday party. (Really, why do people plan things on Fathers Day?! Why can't we spend the whole day together as a family?!) The girls and I made Shimmy his favorite breakfast and brought it to him in bed. This was after we heard him coming downstairs earlier than expected and Sophie yelled at him to get back in bed. There were cards and presents and cuddles. It was adorable. After all of the non-Father's Day obligations were met, we had dinner with my dad, sister, and sister's girlfriend. (My mom is out of town.) On the way home from dinner, with my dad squeezed between the girls' carseats in the back, Lilah threw her dinner up all over herself and the backseat. My dad calmly wiped her down and held her hand. When we got home, I gave the girls baths and got them ready for bed while Shimmy hosed down the carseats. This seemed to really capture the true meaning of fatherhood. Which complemented my Mother's Day early morning fun of cleaning up peed on sheets. It's part of the parenting package. And even with the occasional vomit and pee incident, it's a pretty wonderful package.



Good Morning and Happy Father's Day!


breakfast in bed: coffee, orange juice, toasted bagel with cream cheese and southwestern scrambled eggs


My sister, our Daddy, and Me

No comments: