Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

An Unoriginal, but still worth sharing, Thought

This is something that gets discussed in the blogosphere from time to time. It's my turn to mention it.

YES- I have an amazing husband, wonderful children, parents who are living, and an awesome group of friends.

YES- I have a beautiful home, a nice car, and live very comfortably.

YES- I have my health.

I am constantly aware and appreciative of all of these things. I thank God every day. I do not take any of these things for granted.

BUT- once in a while sucky things happen. I rarely mention the sucky things because I feel guilty for letting them overshadow the awesome things for a short period of time. Occasionally I do complain about something and it is SUPER UNHELPFUL for the person I am complaining to to make light of it or remind me about all of the awesome things.

In summation:
I am blessed, but occasionally stressed.
I am lucky, but sometimes things are sucky.

4 comments:

Rina Pritikin said...

agreed! it's all about empathy! we just have to teach pple to empathize! they really don't know how to do it. i was kvetching to my mom and she started giving me advice and i said, "just say, 'yes! that stinks! i can't imagine having to deal with that!'" and now she gets it. spread the word, yo.

B said...

Yes, that is something that irks me too! I'm referring to people neither empathizing nor giving advice, but saying things like, "Waaah, is all of the construction on your big, beautiful house waking you up in the morning? Poor you!" In a very sarcastic tone of course. Or one year when I complained about the kids waking up early when it was daylight's savings, someone who had never before made contact with me on fb sent me a message telling me how insensitive I was towards people struggling with infertility. It gets to the point where I feel I cannot complain about anything, ever. And then people say, "Gee, this blog is uninteresting, because she paints this unrealistic picture of everything being perfect." I CANNOT WIN. ***Disclaimer: I am only now beginning my cup of coffee, so this may make no sense in an hour.***

Sarah said...

Ha! You're so right; when blogging, you really CAN'T win, so just write what you want, I say. If you're always grateful and glowing, it's boring and smug and no one wants to read after awhile. If you're complaining and stressed, people will think, "Geez, she's ungrateful! And needs some therapy to learn better coping mechanisms!"

B said...

Sarah, your comments here and over at Fun in the Oven are perfect :) I so needed to feel understood today!