Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ball Busters

I cannot STAND it when people have to bring you down. You know what I'm talking about- you are feeling good about something and share that and one jackass always has to ruin it for you. While it was always irritating, it seems that it started to occur more often once I became a mom. It actually started during pregnancy. Here are some actual exchanges that have taken place:

Me: I feel pretty good so far.
Ball Buster: Just wait until the morning sickness kicks in!

Me: I'm starting to get past the first trimester stuff and feel good again.
BB: Just wait until your third trimester when you are huge and uncomfortable!

Me: Recovery has been okay so far.
BB: Just wait until you are out of pain meds!

Me: I have the opposite of the Baby Blues- I'm so happy!
BB: Just wait until the sleep deprivation catches up with you!

Me: My kids are awesome- I love them so much!
BB: Just wait until they start killing each other!

Hey, BB, you keep it up and I'll start killing YOU. Well, maybe not. But I won't just smile and stay quiet anymore. Stop hatin' on me. As Coolio once said, "if you got beef then eat a pork chop." I'm not letting your bad attitude affect mine!

3 comments:

Raffy said...

I like this post!

clueless but hopeful mama said...

AMEN sista!

I am doing really well over here and the only time I'm really close to losing it is when someone has the nerve to tell me that it'll all get SO HARD any day now.

Happiness is not what happens to you but how you chose to react to it, right?

Sarah said...

I like all the spunk coming from you in this post! :) And I totally agree. I hate when people see me smiling and cuddling my kids and say knowing things like, "Just till she's screaming at you when she's fifteen." It's like, "Um, ok, then you'd better stop enjoying that retirement lifestyle you've got going on and just sit around dreading the nursing home!"