Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Gilad Shalit

I read a lot of disturbing, terrifying, and heart-wrenching news stories. For some reason, one never, ever leaves my mind. I cannot forget about Gilad Shalit. Apparently, Olmert can, but this isn't going to be a political rant. Gilad is always in my thoughts. I pray for his safe return daily. I especially pray for him every Friday evening as I welcome the shabbat. I have considered adding an extra candle for him. This morning he was especially on my mind. I couldn't shake it. I decided to google him and found that today is the third anniversary of his kidnapping. I had not remembered that at all. Kind of spooky that somehow my subconcious, or maybe my soul, did know. Three years. Three YEARS! How has it been that long?! How has his mother survived three years knowing her baby is in the hands of the enemy?! How did Israel not bring one of their own home when they were in Gaza a few months ago? Where IS Gilad? Is he alive? Is he okay? Will we ever see him again? I don't know why I am so moved by it all. But I am.

No comments: