Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Desperately Wanting A Night Out



Last night I felt old. Shimmy and I, along with the brother-in-law and sister-in-law went to the Better Than Ezra show at 9:30 Club. See above picture. The reason my hand stamp is so faded is because I immediately used the bathroom and washed my hands after entering the club. Yesterday morning I loaded up the kids and met my mom in Rockville to run some errands. Then we went back to her house, where I left the kids and returned later to spend the night. BIL and SIL came over and I drove us downtown to meet Shimmy for dinner. Shimmy and I ate too much fried food and red meat, so our stomachs were a mess afterwards. Most of us ordered coffee with dessert so that we'd be able to stay up for the concert. Before driving away, SIL noticed a CVS and asked BIL to buy her ear plugs since she was afraid the volume of the music would make her cranky. Then we drove to the club. Since our SUV is full of car seats, Shimmy drove, BIL sat in the front, SIL sat in the back wedged between the car seats, and I sat in the "third row" with my knees pressed into the back of the seat in front of me. When we got there, I had to pump in the car first. We had a good time- the show was awesome. The best part was the fact that it ended at 11:30! Not too late- woohoo! So, yea, I'm old. But too old and set in my ways to care :)

PS: Here's a recent picture of Sophie riding her trike. Notice:
1. Her very fancy skirt, which she insisted she wear.
2. Her very cool sunglasses.
3. Her friend from 2 doors down, who is her age exactly, but who Sophie towers over.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Love the story! Don't worry...I fall asleep when I am out past 9pm! Last night at the shul board meeting I could barely hold my eyes open, since they insist on starting at 8:30pm! Glad you liked the show! And I love Sophie's cool dude look with her sunglasses!