Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 25, 2009

Bought and Sold

... or the other way around. Yesterday was a busy day. We sold our house in the morning and bought our new house in the afternoon. It was slightly anticlimactic, as we are not actually moving into the new house for 4-6 months. But it was still filled with emotion. Namely, elation and thankfulness that we not only bought our dream house, but sold our current house in a matter of weeks after putting it on the market. I really feel, and have felt all along, that our new house was meant to be ours. Everyone has a dream house. A house you picture when you close your eyes. One that is perfect- to you and for you. For me, this is my dream house. When I would close my eyes, I would picture THIS house. When we first saw the house, my heart beat fast and I felt a little dizzy. This is the house, I heard a voice say. And so I knew, and trusted in God, the Universe, and everything else, that everything would work out. It would work out. It would all be fine. It would be our house. Because it WAS our house- meant to be ours. It helped me stay calm for the past 11 months since we first saw it. It helped me stay calm when I heard of the other offers for the house. It helped me stay calm during the record-breaking length of the home inspection. It helped me stay calm when we waited to sell our current house. Everything was going to work out. And it did. I own my dream house. The house I will make practical and beautiful for my family. The house where I will raise my children. The house where we will all spend many, many wonderful years. It is where we will live happily ever after. And that thought brings me such feelings of joy, gratitude, and calmness.

2 comments:

Rina Pritikin said...

mazal tov! can we hear more about the new house on the blog? what do you love about it? we just moved into our new house before rosh hashana...also built in the 1920's and it's so charming and old, but also pottery-barnish. i love it! and i'm so excited for you!!!

B said...

Mazal Tov to you too! I had no idea you guys moved again. Give me a call sometime- I'd love to hear about your house and you, M, and N.