Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Even More Conversations With A Two-Year-Old

I thought I'd take a break from my stressful pre-Rosh HaShanah, house stuff, feeling miserable from a cold week and share the most recent quotable quotes from Sophie:

(to Lilah): "Oh, I like your armpits."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sophie (while I am having a conversation with another adult): "Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me."
Me, picking her up: "Thank you for saying 'excuse me.' That's very polite. Is there something you wanted to tell me?"
Sophie: "Oh, no. I just burped."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me: "If you do x, you can have a cookie." (I know, I know. Occassionally I resort to bribery.)
Sophie: "A cookie- yay!"
Me: "Yes, but just one."
Sophie: "How 'bout 8?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What time is it?" (She cannot tell time, but asks me this several times a day!)

To be continued...