Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

MomGyver

I still get stressed out once in a while. I still wonder if I am making the right decisions now and then. But I no longer sweat the "small stuff" that used to scare me when I was a new mom. i have developed a self-confidence and an "I don't give a crap" attitude that I feel gives me an edge. You see, I am MomGyver. In any given sticky, smelly, or otherwise undesirable situation, I can usually find a way to make it work (best read in a Tim Gunn voice). Case in point: Today. Lilah is such a good baby that she must have sensed my frustration from yesterday's post. Despite going to bed EARLY, she slept WAY LATE. It *may* have also had something to do with the very dark, dreary weather. Since she slept late, I decided it would be okay if she skipped her first nap of the day and we set out to a store so I could meet with someone about a very important and time sensitive new house issue. Lilah was spectacular the whole time. As we were leaving, however, I realized she needed a diaper change. We made our way to the restroom. It had one of those pull down baby changing stations, but it looked gross. Even with a changing pad, Lilah is at the stage where she is reaching for, and touching everything. So I decided to recline her stroller all the way and change her in it. I had just opened up her very messy diaper when I realized that the wipes were still in the car. No problem. I found two antibacterial wipes in my bag, but they were completely dried out. No problem. I poured some of my bottled water on them and set to work. Lilah immediately stuck one hand in the mess. Ta-da- that's what the antibacterial wipes are for! Then she got her socked-feet in the mess. No problem. I always travel with an extra outfit complete with extra socks. I threw away the dirty socks. I gave her a toy to play with to keep her hands out of the mess. I looked in my bag again to see what I could wipe her with, but found nothing. Not even a tissue. No problem. I wet some paper towels to use as make-shift wipes. A minute later she had a clean diaper, new socks, and we were ready to roll. Just another day in the life of MomGyver.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can really appreciate this post. I love it when babies and baby messes work out because I am prepared :) Good job!

GratefulTwinMom said...

Way to use that ingenuity!