Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

This is What Happens

This is what happens when Shimmy comes home early:
*The girls happily play with him.
*I have time to make a great dinner.
*We all eat that dinner together, at the same time, and all enjoy it.
*The girls have fun playing with him some more.
*I clean up from dinner RIGHT AWAY instead of leaving crusty plates and left over food lying around until I have a minute to breathe.
*Both girls are on time to bed, and not because I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE.
*I am in such a good mood and have so much energy that I have an awesome work out from 8:30-9:30 *PM*
*Shimmy and I spend the rest of the evening together first on the edge of our seats watching the CAPS finally win after 11 shootouts, then laughing together while we catch up on DVRed shows.
*I am in awe and appreciation of this wondrous day as I realize it is as rare and beautiful as a solar eclipse.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad I could do my part in making sure he got home early!

B said...

I had no idea you were involved. Thanks!

Sarah said...

I had a day like that yesterday too! I actually felt like CRYING with gratitude; it felt so wonderful to have an ENTIRE EVENING go off without a hitch!

Unknown said...

11 rounds, not 8

B said...

I knew that. Not sure where I got 8 from. I'll go back and edit. That wasn't really the point of the post though...