Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Last Conversations With a Two Year Old

Tomorrow Sophie turns 3! Making today the last day she is 2. I feel this need to chronicle everything about her 2 year old days: cute things she said and did, the things she wore, etc. So here it is, the last Conversations With a Two Year Old post:

Me: "I like you :)"
Sophie: "You LOVE me!"

Sophie: "Where are you going?"
Me: "Just outside to take out the recycling."
Sophie: "Okay, well, put on your shoes. You don't want to hurt your feet."

Sophie: "Am I a person?"
Me: "Yes, you're a person. And Lilah is. And I am. And Daddy is."
Sophie: "Daddy's not a person, he's a boy."
Me: "Boys are people too. Hard to believe some times, but they are!"

Sophie: "Mommy! Lilah has teeth!" (This was said when Lilah had about 6 teeth already.)

Sophie (to Shimmy): "I would hold you if you were a little boy."

While playing show and tell (whispering): "Mommy! Mommy! Can we run in the library? Nooo... We have to be QUIET!"

Upon seeing our new house for the first time: "Is this the Beatles' house? Where's John? Where's Paul? Where's George? Where's Ringo?"

Sophie: "Can I have a tissue?"
Me: "Yes... does this mean you're going to be sick and pitiful now?"
Sophie: "Yes."

In a sing-song voice: "I have a nipple! I have a nipple!"

At the grocery store, pointing to some dog treats: "Mommy, can I please have some of these cookies?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd also like to remember some of the funny ways she used to pronounce things. She has very few of these funny words now, but when she had just turned two her speech was rampant with Sophie language:

Meecote= Wacky Mac
Fwakamony= Maccaroni
Peppamonny= pepperoni
Meegut= music
Yaya= Lilah
Diwun= dinner
Bwata= blanket
Fwack= both quack and black

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Last Sunday evening we had Sophie's birthday party. It was soooo low key compared to past years' parties. I just had no idea where we'd be up to with packing and moving. It was sort of a last minute decision. Shimmy's sister and cousin were already in town, so we decided to have a small pizza party at our house for family and Sophie's few friends outside of school. Tomorrow morning I am bringing cupcakes to her classroom during snack time for another little party.




Here is a picture of her on her birthday last year:



---------------------------------------------------------------
Happy Birthday, sweet Sophia Grace. Thank you for making me a mommy. I love you more than life itself. I can't wait to see what you will learn, say, and do this year. You never cease to amaze me.

1 comment:

momoftwo said...

i commented by i dont think it showed up. Of courses i cried at the end of this post. I love my Sophie.