Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 8, 2010

24*

*disclaimer- I have never once seen the show 24 and I am okay with that.

Here's what I have accomplished over the past 24 hours (see also: why I have no time for intelligent blog posts, calling friends and their fetuses, or anything else really):

-I sketched out the entire mural in the playroom. Next comes painting!

-I painted an old chandelier. What was once old and brass is now chic and black.

-I unpacked Shimmy's office even though it meant carrying empty boxes up to the attic to distribute the weight of the boxes of books better and taking twice as many trips down with boxes as it would have taken Shimmy.

-I shlepped both cranky kids to the store after picking Sophie up from school and then shlepped them and huge boxes of diapers back home (yay for lots of coupons and sales).

- I made a dent in the ever-present and ever-growing pile of laundry.

Oh and I took care of the kids all day long, including during the witching hour while Shimmy works late, aka, is at the CAPS game.

This is my new norm since the move. I exist at a break-neck pace. I do not stop to eat or sleep. I have lost 5 lbs. I fit into my skinny clothes. I am hungry. I am tired. But I am thrilled. Stay tuned for more pics as soon as I get a chance.

2 comments:

clueless but hopeful mama said...

Impressive! Can't wait to see the mural!

Anonymous said...

well we are proud of you! (and glad you took a break on sunday to hang out with us)