Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sales 101

All inspiring sales people please heed the subtle yet successful methods of Jordan at MAC (who is no more than five years younger than I am).

Yesterday my mom took us girls to the mall for a much needed wardrobe update. After pushing two antsy kids in two strollers around the mall for a few hours, during which is usually nap time, we were quite ready to call it a day. Except that I remembered that I had been out of my lipstick for about four months. The MAC store was right by the mall exit, so in we went, a caravan of fatigue and crankiness. I walked right up to the counter and said, "can I please get a tube of x and a tube of y."

Jordan: Oh! Those are my moms favorite colors!
Me: thank you
Jordan: That will be $__.
Me: Long pause. Actually, give me some eye makeup.
Jordan: Um, what kind?
Me: Whatever. Let me just sit in this chair and you make me look good and young again.

Five minutes and five times more than the original total later, I was on my way home.

Next in Project Make Me Feel More Like My Own Age: A haircut on Friday.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I bet slapping her would have made you feel even better than that makeover.
My friends think I'm an old woman just because I WEAR lipstick instead of gloss.
Er, when I actually put on makeup that is.