Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Baby is One

Happy Birthday, Lilah!

In some ways I can't believe an entire year has passed since you were born. It seems like yesterday you were so tiny, covered in new baby smell and softness. In other ways it seems like you've always been here. I can't remember a time when your giggle didn't fill our home and our hearts. I remember vividly everything about the way you looked when I held you seconds after delivering you. Sometimes I see the exact same expression on your face as I did then. A tiny creature whose eyes were full of wonderment. Those eyes are reflections of my own- both in physical appearance and sentiment. I am full of wonder of you. You are my calm child. Always peaceful, serene, quietly observing and later implementing what you have learned. I hope you always have that sweet, peaceful energy about you. I love you for that and for so many other reasons. Happy Birthday, baby girl. Looking forward to a lifetime of love and memories!

1 comment:

Ima said...

Happy happy birthday Lilah!! :) We love you!