Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Purim 2010

You may remember last year's Purim debacle. So even though we moved into our new house exactly one week before Purim, all I could hear echoing in my head were last year's famous last words "Next year the party is back on. I don't care what else is going on in my life- the party is BACK ON." And I meant it. I invited everyone over a month ahead of time and assured them it was not too much to handle and I was very excited and I had it all under control! I made a few things (mostly dough to bake later) ahead of time. I also assembled all of our mishloach manot ahead of time (with non-perishables of course) and packed them in a big bin to be brought to the new house. I worked like a madwoman unpacking this house as soon as we moved in. And I pulled it off! And had an awesome Purim! WOOT!

Our Mishloach Manot were Beatled-themed, complete with photo-shopped pics of us as the "Fab 4," everything written in a Beatle font I downloaded, filled with food items inspired by Beatles songs, with a vinyl listing those songs. Yes I am a Beatles freak. No, I did not go into nearly as much detail as I could have because I knew most people do not appreciate this stuff as much as I do.




I had found a peace sign costume on clearance at BRU for Lilah right after Purim and I thought it fit our Beatles theme well enough so I bought it. I knew I'd be lucky if I could get Sophie to wear a Beatles t-shirt on Purim, so I did not bother buying her any type of costume. A few days before Purim she informed me that she would like to be matching with Lilah. I found the same costume online in Sophie's size, ordered it, and prayed it would arrive in time. It came in the mail Saturday afternoon just in time for her to wear it Saturday night! BUT she changed her mind at the last minute, insisting she wear her ratty old cupcake dress that she takes naps in (which she coincidentally wore as her costume last year), and some make-shift ballerina gear. She is going through a camera-hating phase, so this was the best shot I could get of her.
On Sunday we hosted a party. The food was off the hook.
Wipe up that saliva.
And the company was awesome as well.



By the end of the day the girls were exhausted. "Stop taking pics, mom. Just give us some peace!" (ironic pun intended)
The next day was Shimmy's birthday. I fired up the grill part of my new oven and grilled us some thick juicy burgers. Then we all had birthday cake!

So this year's awesome Purim totally made up for last year's sucky one. Can't wait for next year! Time to start brainstorming themes...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your new house is SO. SO. gorgeous. I was drooling over the food pics, sure, but that house is what I really want to gobble up. SO BEAUTIFUL!
That party looked super fun, too.