Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Catching Up

I've been too busy to blog, y'all. Both the good kind of busy and the bad kind of busy. I'll try to catch up now- and I'll do it with pics to make up for my lack of blogging.

The construction, which should have been finished well over a month ago, is still going on. I'm hoping everything on the inside of the house will be finished by the end of next week. The landscaping is still a complete mess. It should also have been finished a few weeks ago. There was a lazy period, followed by progress, followed by a week of rain and flooding. I have a dream that one day when I look out the window I'll see grass, plants, paved walkways, and a fountain. I am so very tired of looking at mud, rocks, holes, and ditches:




We took our annual Charleston trip for a week in the middle of August. We rented a beach house with a great view:



And we had a ball:



It was great hanging out with friends and family and spending time with each other:



The very next weekend we headed up to Cleveland to celebrate our niece's bat mitzvah. The kids loved hanging out with their cousins:



We had time to squeeze in a trip to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum (no matter what I do, this picture keeps posting sideways):



The next weekend, Shimmy and I flew to Atlanta without the kids for my cousin's wedding. Even though we were only there for a total of 26 hours, it was amazing. Firstly, because instead of spending between six and ten hours in the car as I had done for the past few weekends, it was a short hour and a half flight! I got to eat, sleep, and party like a normal person! It was fabulous! I found this pic on my camera- I think my dad took it. It's blurry, but it's happy:



And that brings us to the present. The summer is over. The kids are in school (that will get its own post), the weather is gloomy, and I am busy planning all of our holiday meals. Oh, and a baby is coming soon. Back to the grind! Nine more months until summer is back in full swing.

No comments: