Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bravo?

I am sitting here in my ratty sweats that I have been wearing since 1:00 this afternoon (in my defense I was dressed, complete with contact lenses and makeup since 8:00 am). I just noticed that there is a sticker stuck to the bottom of the left pant leg. It is a green star with the word "bravo" on it. It was once part of a whole chain of identical stickers given to me by a Weight Watchers employee to commend me on achieving lifetime status. I am thrilled to say that halfway through this pregnancy, I am still BELOW my goal weight. BUT, I have been feeling crappy about myself anyways. I sent Shimmy on his first ice cream run last night. I did ask for the low fat/calorie kind. And it was goooood. I have no idea when the last time I had eaten ice cream was. Seriously. Don't get me wrong- I have been no saint. Anyone who has been pregnant will agree that it starts going downhill during the first few months when morning (ha- morning, that still gets me every time!) sickness reigns and you find yourself abandoning a cart full of groceries to throw up in the store's bathroom while your toddler looks on crying out of concern and fear. At that moment you begin to eat whatever will stay down, which is mostly carbs. Then, one day, you realize that you have miraculously not thrown up in a couple of weeks, so you start eating a little more. Then one day- BAM! Your appetite comes back with avengance, and you begin to eat about twice as much as you used to! And then the cravings come! I usually try to get rid of them by telling myself that if I still want whatever it is in a few hours, then I can have it. Never once has the craving subsided. There is just no avoiding it. So I'm getting a little nervous about how this is going to affect the weight gain this time around. Well, the eating habbits combined with the fact that I have not gotten on the treadmill since I was about 6 weeks pregnant. I have walked outside with Sophie quite a bit, but it's not the same as an actual workout. I can't believe I am halfway through this pregnancy and I am not back to exercising yet. Bravo? Hardly. I am going to let this serve as a stern lecture to myself and aim to get back on that treadmill next week.

No comments: