Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nesting! (Or just being a more extreme version of my usual self)

(I'm the mama bird! Sophie is helping me get the nest ready for the baby! side note- we read this book, "Are You My Mother?" all the time.)


I have been nesting like crazy! I love organizing in general, so when I am pregnant, it is almost out of control. When I was pregnant with Sophie, the downstairs flooded, so when it was being restored and refinished, I got to choose all new carpet and paint colors, plus build Sophie's room. Score! Then, I also insisted we do something with the "crap room" (spare bedroom that was painted a nasty purple and basically just used as a dumping room for boxes and crap, hence the name.) We cleaned it out, painted it a very contemporary brown and made it into an awesome sitting room/overflow guest room. I'm sure I had a bunch of other projects too, but I can't remember now.

Back to the present. We are moving Sophie into a new room (the current office) for her birthday. This means that I get to combine the office and "brown room", and totally go crazy decorating Sophie's new room. WOOHOO. Step 1 was buying a shed for the back yard, which should be delivered in a few weeks. We will use the shed for all of the excess furniture in the office and brown room, our lawn stuff, and bigger things that are just taking up space in the laundry room. (I seriously just have a little path that allows me to get to the washer and drier and the refrigerator- and as my belly grows this path is getting narrower.) Step 2 was to buy and install (thank you, Shimmy!) shelves in the 2 closets in the brown room. This allowed me to fit soooo much more in those closets. Over the past couple of a years that room had become overrun with boxes, but no more! It is so clean and organized! Step 3 will be absorbing the office into the brown room (losing the office corner desk, losing the tv stand in the brown room, moving the bookcases into the brown room, and a bunch of other stuff that is hard for you to picture until it's done). Basically the brown room will still have the sleeper sofa, and will also have all of the bookcases and the printer/fax/scanner/copier from the office. We are chucking the desk top pc because we never use it and it's a dinosaur. We'll just plug our laptops into the printer/fax/scanner/copier as necessary.

Now, as for Sophie's room. When we were pregnant with her we had overbought furniture for her room with the intention of breaking it up later. Later has come! Her current room has a crib, large dresser (which we use as a changing table), small dresser, night stand, armoire, and dollhouse/bookcase. We bought her a new bed, and are moving the small dresser, night stand, and dollhouse/bookcase into her new room. I am so excited to get in there and decorate once the furniture is all moved in!

I'll keep you updated as more progress on the nesting front is made!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I can't wait to see her new big girl room! :) Miss you SO much! Did you get my msg from yesterday? xoxoxo