Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Frankie Say Relax

I am sitting here with my huge mug of tea having taken a shower and used my secret aromatherapy Bath and Body Works body wash and lotion. (I hide them from Shimmy so that he doesn't accidentally use them. I like to feel like they are my special me-only products.) I can finally relax. Well, at least until I hear "Mommeeeeee" repeatedly called out in the morning. I have had one hell of a week. Shimmy has been working late all this week- coming home about 11pm at night. I feel bad for him, but I feel bad for me too :( I just don't have the energy-
mental OR physical to keep Sophie happy for the entire day. Having sciatica, stretched/pulled muscles around my middle, and several contractions after even moderate walking have just made things harder. Everything until she wakes up from her nap is great. We have scheduled activities almost every morning. Wednesdays are music and Thursdays are Mommy and Me (which will soon be Tues and Thurs preschool for her without me!). The other days I make sure to schedule playdates or take her somewhere "fun" like the library, park, etc. Even after naptime is okay- if it isn't TOO cold we'll go for a walk or go to a friend's house. But between dinner and bedtime I just have no more steam left! And when Shimmy isn't home I really have a hard time. [side bar- I'm sorry, Heidi, most of this was copied and pasted from the email I just sent you. I am too exhausted to feel ashamed of my laziness.]

But everything's about to get better! Because.... My Dad is coming to spend the weekend with us! Which means after dinner tomorrow night Sophie will be happily entertained while I sit in my comfy chair and read. And all day the next day... and Saturday night he is babysitting while Shimmy and I go out. It is taking all of my strength to hold on until tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi there! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm glad you found me. I read through your archives; I think your stuff is great! You'll be a wonderful addition to the mommy blogosphere! And congrats on that lovely baby bump!