Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cloning

Having once again rescued Jude from crying so hard that he vomited, and then choked on his vomit, just because I put him down to go use the bathroom, I am wishing I could clone myself. To start, I’d have one of me for each child. This way I could attend to each of their (constant) needs. I would also be able to have one-on-one enjoyable time. I could help Sophie learn to read and practice her writing. I could help Lilah with more complicated puzzles and with her letters and numbers. I could make sure she napped every day and I could toilet-train her. I could nurse Jude totally on demand, but also play with him and engage him instead of plopping him into a swing so often. I’d like another clone or two as well to take care of household stuff and personal stuff. Maybe one clone could just sleep constantly so that the other clones never got tired. So that’s a total of five clones. Although I would be really, really grateful for even one. Scientists, get on it.

4 comments:

clueless but hopeful mama said...

Ah yes, a sleeping clone. That one's the most necessary of all.

I can only imagine how challenging it is having three. I'm sure you will find your balance soon- or figure out this whole clone idea. :-)

B said...

I wonder which is more likely to happen first...

Anonymous said...

Lol! Love this post. I definitely need a housecleaning clone.

Lauren Rauseo said...

We don't need clones; just sister-wives!