Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 30, 2011

There Is No Guilt On The Other Hand

Today I showed up to a play date for kids and moms in Sophie’s class with all three of my kids in tow. They were the only siblings there. We were the last to arrive. I was a sweaty mess from my morning workout. I spent most my time there nursing. On the other hand, Sophie had a great time.

When we got home, I broke my own rule of letting the girls watch only three tv shows a day, so I could get all of the Shabbat cooking done. On the other hand, they watched nicely together and there has been very little arguing. I even heard some happy discussion and giggling coming from the play room.

While I cooked, I put a fussy Jude in the bumbo on the counter next to me. He fell asleep in the bumbo and I did not move him out, even though I was worried about his head/neck being slumped in that position. On the other hand, he seemed comfortable enough to take a nice little nap.

When he woke up, he spit up all over himself and pooped. I was too busy to clean him up right away. On the other hand, he didn’t seem to mind. Before I took him out to change him, he even smiled and playfully kicked his feet at me.

Right now the house is looking a little more cluttered than I would like it to. I still have a couple more things to cook. The girls are going on hour three of straight tv-watching. Shimmy is holed up in his office, working. On the other hand, we are all home together, my dad is on his way over, and we’re going to have an enjoyable weekend.

Here’s to a very happy and healthy new year. May 2012 be wonderful, exciting, peaceful, fulfilling, and guilt-free!

2 comments:

clueless but hopeful mama said...

Sounds like you're doing pretty damn well to me! And there's no other hand to that statement.

Happy New Year!

Rina Pritikin said...

batsheva, i just love your writing. love it. i wish we lived closer and could stick our kids in front of the tv together and then shnarf milkshakes in the kitchen.