Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Jude is Two Months Old!

Jude is two months old! Here is what’s new with him. As you can see from the picture, he is cute and fat and soft and snuggly. As you can also see from the picture, he smiles! Not all the time, and not on cue, but he does flash one every now and then. He also cries! And as of a few days ago, he cries with real tears! He has been sleeping a long stretch (average is seven hours) almost every night for the past couple of weeks. He is strong. He’s not yet rolling over, but he can arch his back to the point of almost doing a back bend. I’m sure he’ll be rolling over any day! I have really enjoyed watching his eyelashes grow over the past two months. He started out with a few individual lashes. Each day they have become longer and thicker. Pretty soon he will have the false lash-looking lashes that his sisters have that I covet so very much. So very long, thick, and dark. So very unfair that I don’t have them too! It’s not smooth sailing yet. Jude still prefers to spend his waking hours being held, mostly by me. Though he is sleeping through the night, the few hours before he falls asleep (about 6:00/7:00 until 10:00/11:00) he is awake and fussy. Instead of being able to relax after I put the girls to bed, I spend the next several hours nursing, being screamed at, and being thrown up on. I’m looking forward to the next month. Past experience tells me that everything will get a lot easier at the three month mark. Until then, the smiles help! :)

No comments: