Late Night Feedings

Tales from the crib: life with Sophie, Lilah, and Jude
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

On a totally different note...

We recently switched from DirecTV to FiOS. This was huge for me, considering how much I fear change. I've given it a good two and a half months to really form some opinions, and this is what I think:

- I like the fact that we are actually getting more bang for our buck. Everything is all bundled together now (home phone, cell, dsl, and tv) and we are getting a good deal. Plus, we get extra channels and it is still coming out cheaper. Most importantly, we now get HBO and Showtime, so I can watch three of my favorite shows (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Flight of the Conchords, and The Tudors).

-I do not like the way the guide works. It's not as user friendly or as easy on the eyes as DirecTV's guide.

-I do not like just about everything about the DVR. It is slow, works on a delay when you hit record, the multi-room DVR is so slow that I want to throw things at it, you cannot fast forward all the way to the end of the show to remove it quicker, it will only hold a pause for a few minutes before reverting back to live tv, and sometimes it mutes part of the show for no apparent reason. Infuriating. Of course, complaining about all of this makes me think of this.

Anyhoo, that's my FiOS review. Hey, Sarah, doesn't tv count as one of the "baby things I want?" Any new mom, especially one who is nursing, will agree that tv is so necessary for survival.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ut oh....Gary wants Fios and I love my DirectTV DVR....so if the Fios one doesn't work as well...that is not good. However, I would love to be able to watch shows that I recorded on any TV in the house, instead of only being able to watch them in bed :( (the location of our one DVR)
Hope you are having a great *sunny* day!! Our first glimpse of spring :)